Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Couple of Other Reminders

this was blogged on February 24, 2010


I saw Fight Club for the first time yesterday.  I now understand some of the things Nicky mentioned on June 30, 2006.  The celebutoads she is so familiar with wanted to know if I caught some of the references in the movie.

I noticed a lot of things in the movie.

Folks, the movie came out in 1999.  It ends with towers exploding and coming down.  Was that a warning about 9/11?  Maybe.  But remember the attack in 1994.  The exploding trucks are a big part of the movie.  Many people in the mid 1990's talked about how that attack could have done more damage and how another attack could happen because "if THEY tried it once they could try again."  Including myself; that line of reasoning made sense to me.

There were other things in the movie that reminded me of things that happened and had not yet happened in 1999.  An amazing movie.  I have mentioned how much I admire Brad Pitt and here he came through with another amazing performance.  But now in 2010, after all that has happened, I really don't care what happens to him, his "Baby Mama" his kids or whatever.  Brad never did anything for me personally.  Now he has been sporting a long beard.  Put a nice wig on him and elect him Messiah.  I really don't give a shit anymore.  Maybe he will forgive you for all the things you have done wrong to me.

Shove it, and the magazine with Drew Barrymore on the cover, up your ass and rotate.

No comments:

Post a Comment