Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Satanic Verses Code

from January 20, 2010

Isn't it ironic? 

Ruhollah Khomeini said Salman Rushdie must die for writing The Satanic Verses, then Khomeini died soon thereafter.  Oh yeah, he cursed his former allies in the Soviet Union for not helping him conquer the world successfully (he said they would wind up on the ash-heap of history.  Khomeini became ash-heap of history). 

Can you believe someone could be such a twisted lunatic they declare someone must die for writing a parody?  Shocking, isn't it?  I have not gotten to the part where Salman Rushdie parodies Ruhollah Khomeini, however since have read through two of the sections I feel I must tell you about some amazing things I have read in this book.  Almost as if Salman Rushdie was divinely inspired with prophesy, hidden within the lines there.

Here are just a few examples:

 
p.6 while pushing their way out of the white came a succession of cloudforms, ceaselessly metamorphosing gods into bulls, women into spiders, men into wolves.

Do I have to explain this one?  The number six is very important.  I have seen things in clouds including Saddam Hussein pursuing Khomeini in the Land of the Martyrs.  I have defeated women who are like spiders who have sought to hurt and even kill me.  God put code into Genesis Chapter 49, verse 27 to tell you I am the Ravenous Wolf.
 
p.24 so he preferred to stay awake and force himself to rehearse some part of his general knowledge in order to blot out the tragic feeling of being endowed with a larger-than-usual capacity for love, without a single person on earth to offer it to.

This reminds me of a poem I wrote several years ago.  And really, I can relate to what it is like to have this enormous capacity but no one worthy to offer it too.  Because all the girls that would have, could have, or should have done the right thing didn't even come close.
 
p.38 it seemed to him that everything loathsome, everything he had come to revile about his home town, had come together in the stranger's bony embrace, and now that he had escaped that evil skeleton he must also escape Bombay, or die.

Substitute Los Angeles for Bombay in this part and it is a perfectly understated expression of how I feel about MY hometown.  My Dad, the biggest fool that ever lived, a shape-shifter version of Pharaoh to my Moses, would be the skeleton.
 
p.63 He hasn't been to the show: Muhammad must go to the mountain. 

63!  The year I was born! And on June 30, 2006 I said Muhammad would come to visit me at the Boat Parade at Marina Harbor and HE DID!  Before I attended any of the Back to Basics shows.  Astonishing!

Conclusion: Rushdie seems more prophet than heretic to me.  Ruhollah Khomeini wanted both of us dead.  Ruhollah Khomeini was evil because he believed in killing Messiahs and prophets.

No comments:

Post a Comment