Friday, November 19, 2010

On to the next

for January 4, 2010

I finished reading Green from the Circle Trilogy. 

I am now reading Satanic Verses.

Did you know that Ruhollah Khomeini's fatwa against Mr. Rushdie is still in effect?  Since he died before he could rescind it, it still stands.  So technically, those that follow the lunatic's orders want Salman Rushdie to die because he had the audacity to write a book in which he describes Ruhollah Khomeini the way he is.

When I am done reading I will let you know how accurate I think this depiction is.  Certainly people with any sense know you cannot put a death sentence on someone's head for writing a book that makes you look bad, or accurately depicts you the way you are.

We must not forget how to stand up to twisted, evil dictators or they will defeat us every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment