Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pink Pussycat

dated December 26, 2009

Rest in Peace, Alice.

The Pink Pussycat was a Hollywood institution.  The type of establishment people associated with "old Los Angeles."  There were many imitators, and the Playboy Club gave them a run for their money, but most people that were around back then knew the Pink Pussycat set the standard.

Pussycats, Hmmm.

I remember Alice from 1976 on as a neighbor.  A really great person to talk to while walking the dog at the top of the cul-de-sac.  She often would chat with us; me or someone from my family.  We pointed out their pink cars and told the story about the pink decor to out-of-town visitors.

She was fond of my folks, especially my Mom.  The two of them spent quality time together.

I didn't spend much time at the club.   It's different when you know the owners.  We knew the owners of a few different clubs in town over the years.  It can be a tough business.  I will remember Alice as a friendly neighbor who was always classy.

She was a part of what made our neighborhood great.

No comments:

Post a Comment