Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Recent Lady GaGa

copied from the post of July 8, 2009

I have not said much about the Lady Gaga phenomenon.  I just saw her "press conference" video on Perez's site.  I would like to say I enjoyed it very much.  I agree it is a performance art that, if you get it, speaks volumes.

Although we try to very hard to be unique, it is very difficult to do that.  I feel she very uniquely described a lot of what is going on in the world right now and it was brilliant. 

Some notes:

The double helix on her outfit spoke volumes about genetics.  Her comment about check out my ass, also brilliant comment on what most people focus on.
The masked face forces you to listen to her words.  There is a wide variety of associations I see there that reference; speech, censorship, truth, conspiracy, gay rights, death and other topics.
 
I do see some comments about myself reflected in her comments.
 
Also, she is reflecting back some important personalities, in no specific order:

Xtina
Michael Jackson
Madonna
The Jessica Alba poster from a few months back
political prisoners


There have been a lot of comments about who is copying whom these days when it comes to Gaga or Xtina.  Ask yourself; did Gaga have my baby?

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment