Monday, December 27, 2010

Temporary Insanity

A short story about something that just happened.

I was feeling a bit under the weather lately.  I have made a fairly good adjustment to the different climate here and have managed not to get too ill considering my predicament and the lack of good nutrition I am able to afford.  By Saturday night, I could tell I had a bit of a cold or flu coming on as I became increasingly congested.  I went to sleep Saturday night hoping to sleep it off as best I could and drink fluids to flush my system out.

Sunday morning I was in agony.  Besides being terrible ill physically, it was no comparison to what was happening mentally.  The noise inside my head was unbearable.  So many thoughts, memories, conversations, and voices were blasting through my swelling brain.  I could not shut it off at all.  I had the sensation that my mind was being forced through a blender or a lawn mower.  Nightmarish only begins to describe it.

I have also mentioned in this space the visions I have had.  For hours on end this day I witnessed hundreds of moving images inside my eyelids.  It was horrific.  Despite my attempts to "look away" each was followed by more and more strange snippets of metaphoric images of past, present, and future.

By 9 P.M. local time it had subsided, after twelve hours of this ordeal.  With respect to what I have done, seen, and spoken about the last few years I realized that this ordeal was very similar to what I experienced after being bit by the "Tick of Satan" on May 1, 2007.  Other times since then I have had severe and strange mental and physical reactions at very unusual times.  It seems to me that this extreme reaction to what is probably only a common strain of head cold could only be explained by the lingering effects of Lyme Disease.

At a point soon after I began to realize what this was all about I had that thought, "Hold on.  How long has it been since that night?"  After punching the dates into my calculator I got the answer I sensed was there all along.  Days between May 1, 2007 and December 26, 2010 = 1335.

What a coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment