Monday, December 20, 2010

What You Are Telling Me on YouTube




Viewership Ranking for Issa618 Videos the Last Three Months









Video S. America Mid East Europe Africa Asia USA
Fractured 1 2 2 2 3 3
Turakian 3 1 1 3 2 1
Buddy 2




Heard It
3
1 1
Shape Shifters

3

2

The table above shows the ranking of my most popular videos on my YouTube channel.  I know that there are many more things more popular on YouTube than my videos.  Considering so many of my videos are unique and touch upon many of the YouTube popular memes I am a bit perplexed as to why I do not have many more more viewers.  Before I discuss what I believe these numbers mean, I want to mention that I am very gratified that the overall demographic for my viewership has become much more reflective of the Internet as a whole.  At one point in the past week, viewers were equally divided between males and females.  For too long it has been mostly men.

"Fractured Images" and "Turakian Bitch" are by far the two most popular videos.  I would think for some reason this would help direct more viewers to the other videos but they have not so far.  It is possible that some videos are not available or searchable but they have all recorded viewings in all regions.  "Buddy" which has a Bob Marley soundtrack, has been popular in South America, which I believe overlaps with the Caribbean area.  For some reason it is not reaching the other regions as effectively.

"Shape Shifters" is popular in the USA and Europe but has not penetrated the other regions nearly as successfully.  For some reason this video has been clicked on in these areas but not nearly as often as others.  Compare this with "Heard It" which is overall my most popular video for Africa and Asia regions.  

Perhaps it has taken longer in the lesser developed areas to index some of my newer videos.  However, I tend to believe that where people prefer to agree whom deserves blame for what has gone wrong in the world, those videos are popular.

I also concede that much of my message goes over many people's heads and they only watch videos that contain images of women they find attractive.  That pretty much sums up viewership of YouTube as a whole.

I have put these things out there by myself, without listening to anyone's advice, and I just wanted all of you to know that I have heard you respond with your viewership.

No comments:

Post a Comment