Tuesday, October 26, 2010

12 years and counting

Published on March 9, 2009

Unbelievable!

Chris, every day you become a more shining example of what a true believer should be in my eyes. I find it hard to believe all that has happened since you where killed.  

I am flat broke and find it very difficult to make it day to day. More money, more problems? I would take those problems now. I think no money is worse. I spend most of my time near the scenes of so many strange events in my life on the Westside. I was at the spot the other day, the place you called me out and said "I want to talk to you."  

Do you remember the guy I was hanging out with that day? He wound up as one of the freaks in Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun video. The irony of that just staggers me now.

I remember that you didn't ask me for anything besides doing what I needed to do ("We need you, man"). Sometimes I am amazed it got done about a year later, considering all the obstacles.

I intimidate all the ladies now. No matter what I do it turns out badly. They smile at me and all that, but when I approach them they act like I'm some kind of horror. Is it my fault so many have tried to kill me and were stopped? Is it my fault two predicted apocalypses have been averted? No, of course not. That's my job!  

Tell God I said "Hi." There have been many changes in Holy Scriptures since we spoke at Venice Beach. Sometimes I think about the similarities and differences between you and Peter Tosh. I told people to fast today.

I know you did all you could. In some way that I cannot quantify all the people, places, and things we take for granted are still around because of you. Thank you for believing in me back in 1995. That is the way it was supposed to be.

People are not supposed to believe in Nostradamus, or money, or aliens, or Dora the Explorer, or pussy or anything like that. I know you found everlasting life. I know that is a bold statement to make, but in your case I know it's true.

I'm glad I got the opportunity to go to San Diego a few months ago to make these points on camera. I just can't seem to rap as well as you did. I never said I was the best at everything.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment