Thursday, October 28, 2010

Deal with the Devil - Waiting for the Sun

posted March 19, 2009

My days are full of fractured pictures these days.  I am lucky to get sleep and food.  Everyone has their hand out looking for something from me.  I am making a few new friends and settling some scores once and for all. 

I am doing what I can to NOT dream and NOT go into vision space.  I have had so many "End of All" type scenarios since the first day I had that "documentary" of visions I call "Catching Up."

A few days ago, after I got my laptop working again I have been reloading the Creative Zen.  Yeah, yeah, I know, "Don't forget the Zen!"  Bitch.

Anyways, I have been loading the Zep four disc set.  My software (not Creative's) appended II onto I.  I thought about it and decided that was cool.  A super long playlist.  And not to my surprise at all what is probably the most definitive Zep song describes the most bizarre co-dependent relationship in the history of the Universe.

Sure Zep admits to getting into the devil stuff long ago, but they are over that, right?  We forgive them for the songs and pandemonium and there is no real lasting legacy to the first real "Super Group" of Rock?  My earliest memories of Zep are my sister listening to them non-stop, her good ear plastered to the speaker of the old stereo my parents owned.

Sure, these lyrics have meant a lot to folks over the years.  Imagine you are me if you can, what would go through your mind when you hear this song more than thirty years after making a really big mistake.


And this song came out SIX YEARS before that!

[bold added to highlight the words that stand out to me]

Hey, hey, mama, said the way you move
Gonna make you sweat, gonna make you groove.
Oh, oh, child, way you shake that thing
Gonna make you burn, gonna make you sting.
Hey, hey, baby, when you walk that way
Watch your honey drip, cant keep away.

*ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah., ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah.

I gotta roll, cant stand still,
Got a flame in my heart, cant get my fill,
Eyes that shine burning red,
Dreams of you all thru my head.
Ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah.

Hey, baby, oh, baby, pretty baby,
Tell me what you do me now.
(repeat)

Didnt take too long fore I found out
What people mean by down and out.
Spent my money, took my car,
Started tellin her friends she wants to be a star.
I dont know but I been told
A big legged woman aint got no soul.

Other songs Zep made seem to fit.  Trip on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment