Friday, October 29, 2010

My Eyes Changed Color...ONCE

posted May 16, 2009  
 
People will always resist the TRUTH especially when it is hard to believe.  People are also naturally envious especially when they really do not know what it is like from the other person's perspective.  People can also get really mean when you tell them the answer to a question and they don't like the answer.  If you cannot handle the TRUTH then don't ask the question in the first place.

Once, while I was still in high school, I was asked if my eyes can change color.  That seemed strange to me.  I was asked if I can ask God to change the color of my eyes.  I was unsure as to why I would want to do that.  Was it just because there was a reference in Scripture to "someone's" eyes being blue or green and my eyes were brown?  People believed my eyes could change to fit Scripture.  At this point in my life, I was completely unaware that 2,000 years ago Jesus' eyes were brown but they became hazel when he appeared before his friends after his Resurrection.

I went to sleep that night and asked God if He could change the color of my eyes.  Make them green to change Scripture.  I went to sleep that night and when I woke up the next morning they were still brown.  So, I did not get my wish.  The same person asked me if I could ask Him again.  Sometimes people can be so focused on getting me to get God to do something I am not sure what else they do with their lives.

That night I thought about it a lot before I went to sleep.  I really didn't care if some Scripture verse said my eyes were supposed to be a certain color.  Some people can use the Bible to oppress others or tell them are all wrong about something.  There are so many versions of the Bible.  Why does the color of my eyes mean anything?  But I thought about how I looked.  My hair is reddish-brown, I have brown freckles and moles, brown eyes.  I looked like I was made out of one color.  You could draw me with one crayon or pencil.  I realized I wanted my eyes to be green.  There would be more contrast, more color.  So I asked God to change the color of my eyes because that's what I wanted.

I woke up the next day and my eyes were bloodshot.  I didn't have a cold or anything; I felt fine.  I could tell there was something different, though.  I had some eye drops and used them.  As I waited for the redness to clear I realized my eyes weren't brown anymore.  They were hazel.  It was like the brown at the outer edge of my irises fell away exposing a green edge.  They were still brown in the middle, around the pupils.  I pinched myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  My eyes sorta look like volcanic islands in the sea. 

My family saw me and freaked out, especially my Mom.  I kept telling them "I like them now."  I went to school and people noticed, mostly the girls.  The guys didn't seem to notice until they heard all the girls talking about it.  I kept telling people I liked them now.  Some people were just too shocked to answer, but as people calmed down, I heard more and more, "Yeah, they look good on you."

Besides all kinds of implications based on what these changes to my face meant, I realized something before I graduated high school.  When it comes to things like eyes changing color and black dots on cheeks, girls notice these things much faster than guys do.  And if one girl notices, she will tell the other girls, and soon everyone will know.  But if people meet you after your eyes change color and you already had the black dot on your cheek then you look the same as you always did to them.

P.S.  I am accurate.  Blue-eyes Jesus depictions are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment