Friday, October 8, 2010

Genesis: 25th Anniversary

As of July 3, 2008


I was once asked by a woman I knew pretty well "Is the time important?"  The answer is "yes."  Somehow the time of my blog postings are not always when they are posted.  I have tried to keep these accurate; I am not sure what is the source of these discrepancies.  It seems I am often asking myself "What time is it?"
With that out of the way, here are the Genesis Music Beads
25th Anniversary style.
In the heat and the steam of the city
Ooh, it's got me running and I just can't brake
So say you'll help me, mama
'Cause it's getting so hard, ooh

I find out I'm wrong, when I thought I was right
s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all
I could say day, you'd say night
tell it's black when I know that it's white
s'always the same, it's just a shame, that's all

Picking up the pieces, putting them away
something doesn't feel quite right

Help me someone, let me out of here
then out of the dark was suddenly heard
"Welcome to the Home by the Sea"
Images of sorrow, pictures of delight
things that go to make up a life
Endless days of summer, longer nights of gloom
waiting for the morning light
Scenes of unimportance, photos in a frame
things that go to make up a life

Consideration for your fellow man
Wouldn't hurt anybody, sure fits in with my plan
Over the border, there lies the promised land

Why can't you see what's going on?
I know you'd never admit
You would ever be to blame
Everything's a game to you
The old days are gone
And they're better left alone
I cannot help you, it's much too late

Don't keep saying that it's alright, it's alright,
It seems you went just a little too far this time
Heard a Bang Bang Bang, and down you go,
It's just a job I do,
Cos the harder you run the harder you fall,
I'm coming down hard on you, hard on you.

I got a name, I got a number, I got a line on you
I got a name, I got a number, I'm coming after you

Keep running, Keep running; city to city
Even if you're innocent,
You can cause too much embarrassment
And though your heart is breaking,
And you know there's no mistaking.
For you feel your life line breaking
Can feel your hands are shaking
No-one answers the telephone
You can never even go home alone
and though your heart is breaking
and you know there's no mistaking.
The footsteps close behind.

if you're sitting there beside her
with your arms you hold her close
and you're wondering just how far she'll let you go
you haven't been there either
to the land that lies
beyond the silver rainbow 

but if you're sitting there beside her
and a bear comes in the room
and you keep on going cos you're unaware
then you know that you are there
Beyond the silver rainbow
you won't know if you're coming or going

Reach out, hands in the air, don't care, just what they're saying
Hold out, just keep on hoping against hope, that it's gonna get better
Don't worry, there's no hurry for you, for me, everything's gonna come around
Shout out, someone will listen to you, to me, someone's gonna see

If it's gonna get better, it starts with a feeling
If it's gonna get better, it's gonna take time
If it's gonna get better, we've gotta start now
cos I know everybody can feel it
and I know everybody will see it
cos it shows, and that shows I'm not dreaming
cos you know, I know, it's time for a change

No comments:

Post a Comment